Due to the pandemic, the Walk-in Centre (WiC) based at the Integrated Care Centre (ICC) on New Radcliffe Street remains closed until further notice to protect patients, staff and public.
The ICC now houses a COVID Assessment Centre which is open 8am until 8pm 7 days a week and cares for patients with potential COVID-19 symptoms. It also houses a Digital Hub which provides support to Oldham Care Homes and provides urgent care (within 2 hours) to patients referred to the service by a health and social care professional. Both services are by appointment only following a referral from a healthcare professional or NHS 111.
If we are unable to offer you an appointment but you require urgent medical attention, you should contact NHS 111 and, depending on your situation you will:
- Find out what local service can help you
- Be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
- Get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
- Be given an arrival time if you need to go to A&E – this might mean you spend less time in A&E
- Be told how to get any medicine you need
- Get self-care advice