Most of the services that we provide are free of charge and are funded by the NHS. However there some exclusions to this, for which we are allowed to charge our regular patients.
Some examples of the work which are chargeable are:
- Certain travel vaccinations
- Private medical insurance reports
- Holiday cancellation claim forms
- Referral for private care forms
- Letters requested by, or on behalf of, the patient
We accept the following payment methods:
- Cheque – made payable to Hope Citadel Healthcare
- BACS – Bank details available on request
Certification of Sickness
Below is our advice about certification of sickness or doctors notes for employers:
- You do not normally need a doctor’s certificate for the first seven days of illness
- The Statutory Sick Pay Regulations state that employers are required to accept self-certification notes (filled in by you) for the first seven days of illness. These should be available from your employer or you can download the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) Employee’s statement of sickness from the HM Revenue & Customs website.
- If you take up to SEVEN DAYS because you not well enough to attend work, then you must fill in a self-certificate.
- Anything OVER SEVEN DAYS means you will need a doctor’s certificate and will need to visit a Doctor to acquire this.
Private Sick Notes
Some employers or insurance schemes may ask you to provide a private sick note. There will be a fee if you require a private note for the first seven days of your illness. However, we would normally expect your employer to cover this cost for you as doctor’s notes are not normally required for the first week of any illness.